Application Download Link
UI Prototype Design Link
The year 2020 caused the world to change because of Coronavirus Disease in 2019. To minimalised the spread of Covid-19 pandemic, the World Health Organization and government in the various country around the world introduce a new regulation called Social or Physical Distancing. Social or physical distancing is a practice to maintain a physical distance between individuals about 2 meters apart from each other.
From the issue above create one new problem. This causes a long queue for an essential activity like grocery shopping, bank service, chemist, restaurants, cafe, and many more. To support the new normal life with social or physical distancing matter, new digital technology or online service is needed for retailers and customers.
What is Inline?
Inline is an online queuing application.
The purpose of this application is to support retailers and customers for their activity in queuing by using digital technology.
Waterfall methodology is used in week 1 – 2, this method supports mainly for research. Finding the idea, research about the user, and planning for the development.
1. Week 3 – 4, the first sprint is designing the application wireframe and prototype.
2. Week 5 – 6, the second sprint is developing the application.
3. Weel 7 – 8, the last sprint is finalisation and testing the application.
The idea for this application was originate from my own experience when queuing in this current pandemic situation.
Searching a solution to reduce and simplify the queuing system with maintaining the social or physical distancing.
Research by doing secondary research from the internet. Searching about social or physical distancing works for retails and use of digital technology post-pandemic.
Not only by secondary research to find the solution, but also a survey for users is conduct. This survey is the finding for user current experience about queuing at this current situation.
Before entering the development stage, a plan is need to know what is needed. these are the plan for creating this project :
- Search for Flutter tutorials and resources.
- Search for Google firebase tutorials and resources.
- Selecting the colour palette.
- Gathering design resources.
- Analyse application structure.
- Create applications functionalities.
- Create an application data model.
- Design a wireframe.
- Design a logo and icon.
- Create an application design system.
- Develop the application.
- Test the application
The first stage of development is analysing the structure of the application.
- What is the use case of the application?
- What are the main functions of the application?
- What data does it require?
- How will the data structure look?
Inline Functionality and Non-Functionality Requirements
|1.||SRS-INLINE-F-001||Create a user account.|
|4.||SRS-INLINE-F-004||User change password.|
|5.||SRS-INLINE-F-005||Update user profile.|
|6.||SRS-INLINE-F-006||Create a queue.|
|9.||SRS-INLINE-F-009||Join the queue.|
|12.||SRS-INLINE-F-012||Show queue details.|
|13.||SRS-INLINE-F-013||Show the user for waiting quota value inside the queue.|
|14.||SRS-INLINE-F-014||Show the estimate waiting time.|
|15.||SRS-INLINE-F-015||Show user line number in the queue.|
|16.||SRS-INLINE-F-016||Recent queue list.|
|17.||SRS-INLINE-F-017||Top queue list.|
|18.||SRS-INLINE-F-018||Favourite queue list.|
|19.||SRS-INLINE-F-019||Add the user favourite queue.|
|20.||SRS-INLINE-F-020||Current active queue.|
|21.||SRS-INLINE-F-021||Completed queue history.|
|22.||SRS-INLINE-F-022||Search queue API.|
|23.||SRS-INLINE-F-023||User push notification.|
|24.||SRS-INLINE-F-024||Database connection with Firebase.|
|1.||SRS-INLINE-NF-001||Using Flutter as a development framework tool for hybrid mobile application.|
|2.||SRS-INLINE-NF-002||Using Dart as the main programming language.|
|3.||SRS-INLINE-NF-003||Using Google Firebase provider as a real-time database and storage service|
|4.||SRS-INLINE-NF-004||Android package kit (APK) as the output build, that can run in mobile with Android operating system.|
|5.||SRS-INLINE-NF-005||Using Algolia as a search API provider for mobile application.|
Analysis Diagram Components
Entering the design stage of development. this stage is where the application user interface is designed.
Inline Information Architecture
Inline High Fidelity Wireframes
Inline Logo Concepts
Inline Design System
User Interface Prototype
Inline Black Box Testing
- The highlight of this application is the queuing system.
- Users can queue using their smartphone devices.
- User can see the queue information, how many people are in the queue and an estimate waiting time.
- For retail owners, they can create a queue for their business.
- Online Payment / Contactless
- Google Map Integration
- Queue Auto-Completion